Monday, November 15, 2010

Success

So after much hair pulling and cursing, I started to think of a plan to get the photos back. First was to start asking for help. Then it was to implement the advice given. On this occasion Rescue pro was the solution. I downloaded the demo and found that, yes, by George, it could read the files - only problem was that because it's a demo it won't save them. Second step, buy rescue pro. But wait, shipping anything to Haiti is a chore, to say the least. So before I committed the money, I searched my boxes of stuff recovered from my office after the earthquake. And you know, it sometimes pays to be a pack rat because I found not one, but four rescue pro disks that came with the cards that I bought so long ago.
And so you know why I was fretting, I've attached the one photo that would have haunted me if I'd lost it.

An elderly woman shakes rice from a basket to separate it from debris.  Photo Logan Abassi UN/MINUSTAH

No comments:

Post a Comment